Los Angeles, California, United StatesLocation:
Fri 24 Jun ’22Posted on:
We are one of the fastest growing real estate development companies with a growing portfolio of residential, multi-family and hotel projects. We are looking for a talented interior designer with a high quality design background in residential, multi-family, commercial and hospitality. The opportunity is to envision the design concept for new projects and execute that vision with the support of our in-house general contractor and development team.
The ideal candidate could have a background in interior design or architecture with the proven ability to take projects from concept to completion.
Bachelor of Fine Arts (BFA), BFA in Interior Design, BSc in Interior Design, Degree in Architecture or similar, with a minimum of 5 years of postgraduate experience.
- Complete all phases of an interior design project from concept to completion, including design direction design, space planning, finishing material selection for interior and exterior finishes , furniture selection, quality control during construction, project management, budget management, and photo shoot design and styling.
- Develop a complete project specification book
- Produce interior design presentations and execute the vision once approved by the CEO
- Coordinate with architects, landscapers, superintendents and outside consultants throughout project phases
- Review drawings, shop drawings and AOR submissions to ensure design intent is achieved
- Nurture and inspire creativity
Required Skills :
- Experience working in all phases of a project, from concept to completion
- Must have diverse skill sets – Ability to design, prepare presentations, space plan, and plan and manage a set of detailed drawings with a team
- Knowledge of Photoshop, InDesign and AutoCAD – Sketch Up and Blue Beam not essential but beneficial
- Ability to design and draw basic elevations to convey the specialized design concepts you envision
- Proficient in the production of hardware, plumbing fixtures, hardware and lighting schedules
- Understanding of FF&E specifications
- Strong communication skills with internal team and external consultants, clients and suppliers
- Understanding of basic US codes
- Self-motivated with the ability to manage time to meet deadlines
- Exceptional attention to detail and excellent writing and communication skills
- Mature, responsible and reliable, positive attitude, team player with a hands-on approach
If you are submitting an application for consideration, please respond with 1) CV 2) portfolio of projects and 3) any other mood board, Instagram account, Pinterest page or other medium that you think best showcases your tastes as a designer (does not need to be your own work).
- Private medical coverage
- 14 generous vacation days in addition to regular holidays
View your application history
Back to task list…